We’re seeking exceptional faculty to move MizzouForward in the areas of Infectious Disease and Molecular Microbiology and Immunology.
- Xiu-Feng (Henry) Wan, PhD, professor – Using systems biology and translational approaches to counteract influeza and other emerging infectious diseases.
- Diana Gil Pagés, PhD, associate professor – Design and development of engineered antibody fragments targeting T cells as anti-cancer therapeutics
- Marc Johnson, PhD, professor – Leader in SARS-CoV-2 wastewater tracking and surveillance at the local and national level.
- Dongsheng Duan, PhD, curators distinguished professor – International leader in studies of gene therapy for treatment and cure of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and gene therapy.
- Dima Dandachi, MD, assistant professor of Clinical Medicine, Involved in advancing our involvement in HIV clinical trials and implementation research.
- Taylor Nelson, DO, assistant professor of Clinical Medicine, is the principal investigator on a COVID-19 clinical study looking at the use of Niclosamide in moderate and severe hospitalized COVID-19 patients.
Infectious Disease Advisory Committee
MizzouForward is comprised of multiple advisory committees. Each committee is interdisciplinary in its composition and they review the applicant materials, conduct Zoom interviews with candidates and make recommendations to the hiring authorities.