Professional Development Programs
MU is committed to the development of its faculty across the career span and in a wide variety of sectors. The Professional Development (PD) Council gathers representatives from units across the university that offer PD for faculty members. The PD Council provides a space for various units to share current and upcoming PD opportunities with each other, communicate to faculty about PD opportunities, and seek input on the changing topics and needs of faculty members to create PD opportunities that are relevant. The PD Council meets monthly during the academic year with Associate Provost for Faculty Success, Candace Kuby.
Click on the tiles below to find searchable tables with information about upcoming PD opportunities for faculty members. The PD opportunities and supports listed can be used at all stages of a faculty member’s career, although some are geared more towards early or mid-career development. Certain programs are particularly relevant for postdoctoral scholars. Some programs are offered in-person and others virtually. Please reach out to the individual unit sponsoring a PD program to ask questions about each event.
MU Professional Development Council Members
- Candace Kuby, Chair – Associate Provost for Faculty Success
- Linda Blockus – Director, Office of Undergraduate Research
- Mary Christie – Senior Director, Education Programs for Health Affairs, NextGen & Education Navigator for the Institute of Clinical & Translational Science
- Shruti Rana – Assistant Vice Chancellor, Inclusive Excellence and Strategic Initiatives, Division of Inclusion, Diversity, & Equity
- Amy Lannin – Director, Campus Writing Program
- Erin Leuschke – Director, Learning & Organizational Development, Office of Human Resources
- Andrea Strong – Senior Director, Program and Course Services, Missouri Online
- Victoria (Tori) Mondelli – Founding Director, Teaching for Learning Center
- Enid Schatz – Associate Dean, Graduate School
- Jeannette Pierce – Associate University Librarian for Research, Access, and Instructional Services, MU Libraries
- Amanda Carr – Professional Development Senior Coordinator, Division of Research, Innovation & Impact
- Sarah Traub – Director of Education & Impact, Office of Extension and Engagement