About the Program
In Fall 2020, the Office of Research and Economic Development (ORED) began the “Mid-Career Research Development Fellows” program, and accepted the first class of Fellows. This program was designed to provide research development opportunities to post-tenure/mid-career faculty prior to promotion to full Professor. Selected faculty participated in workshops and career-building events. A description of this program can be found here.
At the end of the year, and after assessment of the program and feedback from the Fellows, the Office of Research and the Provost’s Office concluded that the Fellows program would benefit from a second year. Year two of the program is led by the Provost’s Office with continued collaboration with the Office of Research. The additional year of curriculum combines research support with issues of service commitments, collaborative work, promotion criteria, and other topics of concern to mid-career faculty.
Applications for the next cohort of Fellows into this 2-year program will be available in November 2021. Applications will stay open through December and selections will be made in January.
For questions about the program, please contact Alexandra Socarides (email@example.com) in the Provost’s Office or Christie Terry in ORED (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cohort Directory, 2020-2022
- Prasad Calyam, Electrical Engineering, Engineering
- Keona Ervine, History, A&S
- Amanda Hinnant, Journalism, Journalism
- Lynn Itagaki, English, A&S
- Johanna Kramer, English, A&S
- April Langley, Black Studies & English, A&S
- Justin Legarsky, Electrical Engineering, Engineering
- Wilson Majee, Health Sciences, Health Professions
- Allison Meyer, Animal Sciences, CAFNR
- Sarah Orton, Civil Engineering, Engineering
- Christine Proulx, Human Development and Family Science, Education
- Patrick Rottinghaus, Educational, School and Counseling Psychology, Education
- Christine VanPool, Anthropology, A&S