About the Program
This is a partnership program between the Office of the Provost and the Office of Research, Innovation, and Impact. The program accepted the first class of Fellows in 2020. This program is designed to provide research development opportunities to post-tenure/mid-career faculty prior to promotion to full Professor. Selected faculty participate in workshops and career-building events that focus on research support including topics of balancing service commitments, engaging in collaborative work, understanding promotion criteria, and other topics of concern to mid-career faculty.
During the two-year program, participants are expected to attend monthly 1.5-hour sessions on a range of topics, engage in discussions with peer researchers and participate in individual consultations with staff in the Division of Research, Innovation & Impact.
Research development topics are adapted to meet the needs of the cohort. Topics may include:
- Refocusing your research agenda.
- Identifying potential funding opportunities and collaborators.
- The path to promotion.
- The role of public engagement in your research.
- Developing an effective research team.
- Balancing mid-career service obligations.
Other benefits of program participation include:
- Optional writing retreats.
- Priority registration for research development events.
- Additional one-on-one consultations for proposal review, strategy development and career support.
Click here to view a list of program participants.