About the Program
This is a partnership program between the Office of the Provost and the Office of Research, Innovation, and Impact. The program accepted the first class of Fellows in 2020. This program is designed to provide research development opportunities to post-tenure/mid-career faculty prior to promotion to full Professor. Selected faculty participate in workshops and career-building events that focus on research support including topics of balancing service commitments, engaging in collaborative work, understanding promotion criteria, and other topics of concern to mid-career faculty.
Cohort Directory, 2022-2024
- Casandra Harper, Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, College of Education and Human Development
- Claire Horisk, Philosophy, College of Arts and Science
- Michael Jurczyk, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, College of Engineering
- Kristin Kopp, School of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures, College of Arts and Science
- Maike Krenz, Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, School of Medicine
- Sungkyoung Lee, Strategic Communication, School of Journalism
- Michael Marlo , English, College of Arts and Science
- Anne Myers, English, College of Arts and Science
- Ravi Nistala, Nephrology, School of Medicine
- Robert Petrone, Learning, Teaching, & Curriculum, College of Education and Human Development
- Stephen Quackenbush, Political Science, Truman School of Government and Public Affairs
- Shramik Sengupta, Biomedical, Biological and Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering
Applying for the 2023-2025 Cohort
Applications for the next cohort of Fellows into this 2-year program will be available in November 2022. Applications will stay open through December and selections will be made in January 2023.
Eligibility: This opportunity is open tenured faculty who have not yet been promoted to full professor and are seeking research and career-development support.
Program Timeline: The two-year program will span the 2023-24 and 2024-25 academic years
The following information and documentation are required
- Statement of Interest – why would you like to participate in the Mid-Career Research Development Fellows Program.
- Indicate your research focus area(s)
- (upload) Curriculum Vitae
- (upload) Letter of support from your department chair or center director