The Southeastern Conference (SEC) Visiting Faculty Travel Program is intended to enhance faculty collaboration between SEC member universities. It gives faculty from one SEC institution the opportunity to travel to another SEC campus to exchange ideas, develop grant proposals, and conduct research.
This is a limited submission opportunity. University of Missouri will make awards up to a maximum of $2,500 each to use for travel to another SEC campus (SEC member universities listed below). Interested faculty members should contact the host institution they wish to visit to determine their receptivity and availability. Travel for this competition year should take place by July 1, 2023.
The selected faculty members will be responsible for arranging coverage of their duties during their absence and for submitting a post-travel report to the Provost’s Office describing the outcomes of the visit.
To be considered for one of the SEC travel grants, please submit the following information electronically in a Word document by noon, Monday, August 2, 2022, to MUProvostAwards@missouri.edu
- Faculty member’s complete contact information (name, title, unit, discipline, email, campus address, and phone number)
- Host institution information including contact person at the host institution
- Proposed visit dates
- A description of the proposed activities and the anticipated benefits of the visit
- Faculty member’s biography (no more than 250 words)
- A letter of invitation from the host institution specifying the dates and expectations of the visiting faculty member
- Brief statement or letter of support from the faculty member’s department chair/center director
- Faculty member’s professional head shot (color, 1500×2000 pixels, 300 dpi resolution, jpeg format)
SEC Member Universities
- University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Ark.
- Auburn University, Auburn, Ala.
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
- University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Ky.
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, La.
- University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), Oxford, Miss.
- Mississippi State University, Starkville, Miss.
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo.
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C.
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tenn.
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn.
Office of the Provost
114 Jesse Hall