- To recognize and reward university retirees for extraordinary achievements during their retirement period of at least five years
- To enhance the recognition of the accomplishments of university retirees
- To encourage retirees to engage in significant activities that contribute to the welfare of the community
The Chancellor’s Retiree Advisory Committee will present two MU retiree awards: one for a retired staff member and one for a retired faculty member. The stipend for each award is $1,000.
The selection criteria focus on the accomplishments of a retiree during his/her retirement period of at least five years. Accomplishments prior to retirement have no bearing on the selection process. These accomplishments may involve service to the university, career or professional activities, volunteer civic or welfare services or other achievements you believe the committee should consider. Nominees must have retired from the university before Jan. 1, 2015, and be expected to attend the annual chancellor’s luncheon to receive this award. Members of the Retiree Advisory Committee are not eligible.
To nominate or re-nominate someone, please complete the nomination form and attach a letter providing the following information:
- Nominee’s extraordinary accomplishments during his/her retirement period
- Personal and background information about the nominee
- Summary – most important reason(s) why you feel the nominee should receive a Retiree Award
In addition, you are encouraged to include up to three letters from others in support of your nominee. For more information, please contact: Mary Maxwell, 573-882-7255.
Deadline: March 1, 2020
Nominations and supporting materials must be submitted to:
University of Missouri
MU Operations/University Concert Series
Mary Maxwell-Retiree Awards
305 Jesse Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
Email to email@example.com