Call for Proposals: Enhancing Student Success at Mizzou
As part of Mizzou’s efforts to enhance student success, funding up to $100,000 per award is now available to support efforts that enhance teaching and learning. Deans, department chairs and other unit heads with a direct focus on student success can apply for funding to support investments in infrastructure and equipment that lead to enhanced student outcomes.
To be considered, submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 12. Funding will be awarded by December 10.
Examples of investments that might be proposed include:
- Classroom upgrades (e.g., physical improvements or IT resources);
- Lab upgrades (e.g., new equipment/instruments for student education); or
- New software that enhances classroom experiences or student learning.
About the Proposal
Proposals should be five pages or less and must address the need for investment and the area of student success the investment would affect, as well as:
- Estimates of direct impact (e.g., number of students who benefit).
- Outcome measures as well as a plan to assess the measures.
- Potential negative impact of not making the investment.
- A budget, including estimates for major components; feasibility of the investment; and a timeline for implementation.
- Sustainability (e.g. recurring maintenance cost, expected life of products).
- Optional: If your unit is willing to commit to any level of a cost-share, which would allow for larger investments.
Contact Carrie Nicholson, Office of the Provost, at email@example.com or via phone at (573) 884-2410.