To give special recognition to junior faculty, who are in the early phases of their careers, for superior research and creative activity on the MU campus.
The award is in the amount of $1,000, less applicable taxes.
Persons holding full-time tenure or non-tenure track appointments with the rank of assistant professor, associate professor, assistant professor of clinical department, associate professor of clinical department, adjunct assistant professor, adjunct associate professor, clinical assistant professor, clinical associate professor, extension assistant professor, extension associate professor, research assistant professor or research instruction associate professor with at least three and no more than five years of service at MU (individuals with service dates prior to Sept. 1, 2017, will be considered to have more than five years service) are eligible.
Faculty colleagues, departments, schools/colleges, or recognized campus organizations may nominate individuals.
Do not place nomination materials in a hard binder. The length of the nomination materials is not of primary importance because the final choice will be based on convincing evidence. Nomination materials will not be returned; therefore, the department chair should retain a copy of nomination materials for possible future use. Unsuccessful nominations may be updated and resubmitted in successive years.
Nomination materials should include:
- Nomination/Cover Letter
- Describe the characteristics that justify his/her being recognized for
- outstanding contributions in research and/or creative activity
- demonstrated evidence of such activity, for example refereed publications, juried shows or performances
- promise for achieving wider national and international recognition
- Supporting letters (limited to four: three external, one internal)
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae
- Be sure to include a list of external funding in support of research and/or creative activity and a list of publications, juried shows and/or performances, etc.
- Academic Analytics Data (optional): For research awards, the faculty committee, Provost, Chancellor, and/or President may review Academic Analytics data as one piece of data in the review process. Nominees have the option of including their Academic Analytics data with a 1-page contextual statement if they wish in their nomination packet.
Annual Deadline: January 15 (due the following business day when falls on a weekend or holiday)
Nominations and supporting materials must be submitted by the Divisional Dean, who may establish an earlier deadline. Submit an electronic version as a single PDF attachment via email to MUProvostAwards@missouri.edu. Name the file as follows: YearProvJrRsch_LastFirst (e.g., 2022ProvJrRsch_TigerTruman). Original hard copies of the proposal packet are no longer required.
Please contact us at MUProvostAwards@missouri.edu with any questions.
|2022||Rebecca Grollemund, English|
|2022||S. Christian Rozier, School of Visual Studies|
|2021||Yicheng Gou, Physics & Astronomy|
|2021||Laura Zangori, Learning, Teaching & Curriculum|
|2020||Antoinette Landor, Human Development & Family Science|
|2020||Meng-Hsuan (Dominic) Yang, History|
|2019||Ashley Groh, Psychological Sciences|
|2019||Cristina Mislan, Journalism|
|2018||John Warren Huntley, Geological Sciences|
|2018||Elizabeth King, Biological Sciences|
|2017||Alice Dade, Music|
|2017||Haojing Yan, Physics & Astronomy|
|2016||Jim Schiffbauer, Geological Sciences|
|2015||Gary Baker, Chemistry|
|2015||Robert Walker, Anthropology|
|2014||Ricardo M. Holdo, Biological Sciences|
|2014||J. Brian Houston, Communication|
|2013||Clintin Davis-Stober, Psychological Sciences|
|2012||Justin Dyer, Political Science|
|2011||Shawn Christ, Psychological Sciences|
|2010||Adam Whaley-Connell, Nephrology; Douglas Steinley, Psychological Sciences|
|2009||Henry He, Engineering|
|2008||Angela Speck, Physics & Astronomy; Sean Nicholson-Crotty, Political Science|
|2007||Eric Sandvol, Geological Sciences; Carsten Ullrich, Physics & Astronomy|
|2006||Stefan Freund, Music|
|2005||Jeffrey Rouder, Psychological Sciences|
|2004||Shi-Jie Chen, Physics|
|2003||Noah Heringman, English|
|2002||Catherine E. Krull, Biological Sciences|
|2001||David J. Eide, Nutritional Sciences|
|2000||Gabriele Gratton, Psychological Sciences|
|1999||Dennis Lubahn, Biochemistry and Child Health|