The SEC Academic Consortium seeks to enhance and develop the next generation of academic leaders in the SEC. The ALDP fosters academic leadership among SEC faculty by allowing them the unique challenges of academic administration at major research universities.
Furthermore, it identifies, develops, prepares and seeks to advance academic leadership within the SEC. Skills and knowledge are provided by offering unique perspectives from current administrators that explore challenges they face on their campuses.
The program was established in 2008 and has graduated three successful cohorts. The ALDP consists of two workshops hosted by different SEC universities each year. Additional programs may be offered through on-campus activities throughout the year and will vary by institution. Fellows are selected by their respective institutions and are appointed for terms of one year.
The ALDP Mission
Our mission is to identify, develop, prepare and advance faculty as academic leaders in and for the Southeastern Conference universities.
The ALDP Vision
Our vision is to be the premier program in advancing faculty as academic leaders among research universities.
The ALDP Goals
- Be proactive in building the academic leadership pool in the SEC universities.
- Prepare current and potential academic leaders to meet the challenges of academic leadership by:
- Developing knowledge and understanding of academic leadership
- Developing leadership skills
- Teaching the managerial and organizational skills required to lead complex organizations
- Stimulating potential academic leaders to think critically about the future of the academy
The ALDP Mantra
“Becoming a leader, being a leader”