Matthew P. Martens is the Associate Provost for Academic Programs at MU. Prior administrative appointments include serving as an Associate Division Director, Division Director, and Associate Dean within the College of Education at MU. He received a BA from Boston College in 1995, a MA from the University of North Carolina in 1997, and a Ph.D from the University of Missouri in 2002.
His primary research interest is in the area of health psychology, particularly addictive behaviors. He has been either a principal or co-investigator on multiple federally and foundation-funded studies examining the efficacy of brief motivational interventions at reducing at-risk alcohol use and harmful gambling behaviors.
- Academic Program Review
- Academic Program Proposals
- Accreditation (HLC and College/Unit level)
- Provost liaison to:
- Vice Chancellor for Operations
- Vice Chancellor for Finance
- Supervisory role
- Vice Provost, International Programs
- Vice Provost, Libraries
- Director, MU Press
- Oversees New Programs, Innovation, Growth Opportunities
- Support Summative and Formative Review of Deans
- Represent Provost at functions they cannot attend