Presentation of Dossiers
Presentation of Promotions & Tenure Dossiers 2016-2017
(See P&T Call Document for more explanation on some items)
The candidate's curriculum vita (CV) is the central document of the dossier. Materials will be added in front of it defining the appointment and evaluating the performance. The folders after the CV allow the candidate and the department to expand and explain specific areas being evaluated.
Please use named folders (tabs).
Try to limit materials to about 25-30 pages, not including CV.
These are the first three documents in the dossier. (Inside front cover of paper copy and in separate files in electronic format)
- Recommendation Signature Page and Record of all Formal Votes (Word doc)
- Note: (Use Joint Appointment Recommendation Signature Page (Word doc) for faculty with joint appointments.)
- Appointment History Form (Word doc), which includes any variations from original appointment
- Dossier Checklist (PDF) (paper copy only)
(Separately tabbed in paper copy and in separate folders in the electronic format)
- Appointment Folder: Initial letter of appointment, mid-term review, approval letter for extension of probationary period for tenure (if applicable), post-tenure review letters (if applicable). (See Call Document section IV, Tab I/Folder I. 1-4)
- Departmental Folder: Departmental procedures, guidelines, recommendation letter and votes from departmental promotion and tenure committee, recommendation letter from chair, collected comments from tenured faculty of the unit, recommendation letter from division director (if applicable), handouts, report of the process, votes, issues from any appeal/rebuttal meetings, letters regarding joint, core faculty, or courtesy appointments (see Call Document section IV, Tab II/Folder II.A. 1-6 and Tab II/Folder II.B.)
- College/School Folder: College/School committee letters, recommendations, summary of procedures, votes; handouts, report of the process, votes, issues from any appeal/rebuttal meetings, dean’s letter (see Call Document section IV, Tab III/Folder III. 1-2)
- CV Folder: Complete CV (not to exceed 25 pages) (see Call Document, Section IV, Tab IV/Folder IV)
- Teaching/Scholarship of Teaching Folder: (see Call Document section IV, Tab V/Folder V.1-6)
- Research/Scholarship Folder: (see Call Document section IV, Tab VI/Folder VI. 1-3)
- External Reviews Folder: Each letter in a separate file (see Call Document section IV, Tab VII/Folder VII. 1-7)
- Service and/or Administration Folder: (see Call Document section IV, Tab VIII/Folder VIII. 1-2)