2014 Academic Innovation and Improvement Showcase
MU held its first annual Academic Innovation and Improvement Showcase during the Chairs’ Retreat on August 26, 2014. The intention of the Showcase was to share and recognize innovative efforts occurring within academic units that improve the quality of MU’s teaching, research, outreach, and economic development. The Showcase also represents one of MU’s efforts to build a culture of continuous improvement. Posters were submitted by 19 participants from all over campus, including Arts and Science, CAFNR, Engineering, Education, Journalism, Medicine, Nursing, Health Professions, Business, and Extension.
Some project examples:
- Advising Success: Assessing and Improving the Quality of Academic Advising (CAFNR)
- Developing a Mentoring Program for Faculty (College of Education)
- 4-H: Pipeline and Access to Higher Education (Extension)
- A Distributed Approach to MU’s Upper Division Writing Intensive Requirement (Geological Sciences)
- Fostering an Environment of Success for Emerging Academics (Journalism)
If you have any questions, please contact Julie Brandt (email@example.com), Associate Director of Quality Improvement in the Office of Institutional Research and Quality Improvement.